Tips for first time homeowners
When you first go around the idea of purchasing a real estate property, there are things consumers are not programmed to focus on and miss asking.
Here are five things you should be mindful of when considering buying a home:
1. Make lists of all pros vs cons when visiting open houses, don’t rush, have a list of must-haves and desires, this exercise will maintain your bias.
2. Do your research and compare costs, service, availability, and reputation when selecting a Realtor, a Lender, and a Title Company. Remember you have a choice when selecting these parties.
3. Drive around your top properties’ choices at a different time of the day to get a general assessment of the area.
4. Search the crime rates in an area you are interested
5. Start a nest egg. Purchasing a real estate property takes a big piece of your financials, so you will want to have funds set aside to secure your home associated expenses, like taxes, insurance, repairs, maintenance, extra mortgage payments, etc. and avoid building debt.
We at Title Experts of South Florida are happy to hear from you and guide you through the process of closing your dream home!